The Age of Difference
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Luna Vermiculus University
The Factions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 4:31 am by Victoria Rose

» Victoria Rose
The Factions I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 12:56 pm by Emma Hunter

» Dauntless Job Claims
The Factions I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:21 am by Victoria Rose

» Divergent Claim
The Factions I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:19 am by Victoria Rose

» Celebrity Claims ( Female )
The Factions I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:18 am by Victoria Rose

» tribal instincts | post apocalyptic au tribe rpg
The Factions I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:52 pm by Guest

» Finn Prior
The Factions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:24 pm by Galen Eaton

» Aerina - Original Fantasy [Jcink] [linkback]
The Factions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 9:53 pm by Guest

» Aptitude Test Template ( REVAMPED )
The Factions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 9:16 pm by Emma Hunter

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Factions

Go down

The Factions Empty The Factions

Post by Emma Hunter Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:59 pm

As many of you know there are five factions in Divergent, and they are Abnegation, Erudite, Dauntless, Amity, Candor, and on this site will include the Factionless as an faction. Now I will first give the description of Abnegation first, and I will list everything it has two offer. Now I hope you enjoy.
Emma Hunter
Emma Hunter
Leader of Erudite

https://theageofdifference.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Factions Empty Re: The Factions

Post by Emma Hunter Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:20 pm

Abnegation ( The Selfless )

The Factions 8wmeqq

Leader of Abnegation:

History of Abnegation and Formation
The Abnegation faction was formed by people who blamed selfishness for human nature's errors. They believe in selfless actions and attaining peace through the elimination of selfishness. By doing so, they choose to completely forget themselves and only serve others.

Traits
Sit Quietly and Wait
Bow Heads by greeting each other to show respect.
Not manipulative but forthright

Physical Traits and Appearances
The clothes that are worn is all grey and simple.
Female abnegation members mostly wear their hair up.
Men keep their hair short.

Their Motto or Manifesto

"I will be my undoing If I become my obsession.

I will forget the ones I love If I do not serve them.

I will war with others If I refuse to see them.

Therefore I choose to turn away from my reflection,

To rely not on myself

But on my brothers and sisters,

To project always outward

Until I disappear."

The Initiation Process
Abnegation's initiation ceremony is a quiet affair. The initiates, who spend thirty days performing community service before they can become full members, sit side-by-side on a bench, while one of the older members reads the Abnegation manifesto. Then, all of the older members wash the initiates' feet. Lastly, they all share a meal, with each person serving food to the person on his or her left. It is revealed in Insurgent that Abnegation has hardly any initiates that fail their initiation and become Factionless.
Emma Hunter
Emma Hunter
Leader of Erudite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Hunter Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Erudite ( The Intelligent )

The Factions 2d91wg0

Leader of Erudite: Emma Hunter ( Dauntless Transfer )

Formation
Erudite was formed by those who blamed human ignorance for the faults of society. They formed Erudite as a way of eliminating ignorance and darkness from human minds.

Purpose
To provide teachers, scientists, doctors, mathematicians and anything that requires intelligence.

Traits
Chat about books and newspapers;
In constant pursuit of knowledge.
Curiosity- it drives them to seek knowledge

Physical Traits and Appearance
They must wears glasses no matter what type of vision they have ( not entirely true )
Each member must wear at least one piece of blue clothing.

Their Motto and Manifesto
We submit the following statements as truth:

1. Ignorance' is defined not as stupidity but as lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge inevitably leads to lack of understanding.

2. Lack of understanding leads to a disconnect among people with differences.

3. Disconnection among people with differences leads to conflict.

4. Knowledge is the only logical solution to the problem of conflict.

Therefore, we propose that in order to eliminate conflict, we must eliminate the disconnect among those with differences by correcting the lack of understanding that arises from ignorance with knowledge.

Manifesto
The areas in which people must be educated are:

1. Sociology
So that the individual understands how society at large functions.

2. Psychology
So that the individual understands how a person functions within that society.

3. Mathematics
So that the individual is prepared for further study in science, engineering, medicine, and technology.

4. Science
So that the individual better understands how the world operates. So that the individual's study in other areas is supplemented. So that as many individuals as possible area prepared to enter the fields devoted to innovation and progress.

5. Communication
So that the individual knows how to speak and write clearly and effectively.

6. History
So that the individual understands the mistakes and successes that have led us to this point. So that the individual learns to emulate those successes and avoid those mistakes.

Initiation Process
Not much is revealed of the Erudite initiation, but from the manifesto, they most likely study, and take rigorous tests. It is also stated by Therese that there is an initiation intelligence test that, if not passed, results in one becoming Factionless. Caleb reveals that each of the initiates selects and is trained in a certain subject of expertise in Erudite.
Emma Hunter
Emma Hunter
Leader of Erudite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Hunter Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Dauntless ( The Brave )

The Factions 35ckb3q

Leader of Dauntless:

Formation
Dauntless was a faction formed by those who blamed cowardice for society's problems. The only answer is to face your fears is through bravery. As you die as a dauntless you are called a hero said so by Eric but Four says it's insanity.

Traits
- Bravery
- Courage
- Fighting
- Physical

All-black clothes, tattoos, piercings, (occasionally) unnatural hair colors.

Their Motto and Manofest
"We believe that cowardice is to blame for the world’s injustices. We believe that peace is hard-won, that sometimes it is necessary to fight for peace.

About
But more than that:

- We believe that justice is more important than peace.
- We believe in freedom from fear, in denying fear the power to influence our decisions.
- We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.
- We believe in acknowledging fear and the extent to which it rules us.
- We believe in facing that fear no matter what the cost to our comfort, our happiness, or even our sanity.
- We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves.
- We believe, not just in bold words but in bold deeds to match them.
- We believe that pain and death are better than cowardice and inaction because we believe in action.
- We do not believe in living comfortable lives.
- We do not believe that silence is useful.
- We do not believe in good manners.
- We do not believe in empty heads, empty mouths, or empty hands.
- We do not believe that learning to master violence encourages unnecessary violence.
- We do not believe that we should be allowed to stand idly by.
- We do not believe that any other virtue is more important than bravery.

Initiation Process

Tour
The initiates all sleep in the same room (boys and girls).

The initiation process very seriously.

There are three stages to Dauntless initiation: The physical, the emotional, and the mental.

The initiates are separated during the first stage of initiation. The Dauntless born initiates are trained.

First Stage
Any initates who do not qualify after each round are kicked out and become factionless.

The Dauntless born initiates and the transfers are scored separately for the first stage, which is physical combat.

In the physical stage, initiates learn how to fight and are pitted against each other to prove what they have learned. They are scored based on their victories and losses.

Emotional

In the emotional stage, initiates are put into a simulation where they face their fears, oblivious to the fact that it is a simple simulation, and have to calm themselves to get out. The Divergent seem to have a knack for this stage, as they are aware it is not real.

Final Stage

In the final stage, the mental, initiates are put into their fear landscapes, which reaches for every fear within the person subjected to it and creates a simulation in which they must face each one. This time, they are aware that it is not real.
The Dauntless provide the transfers with some basic black clothing at the beginning of initiation.

Jobs

Those not in the top five of each initiation class typically end up as guards.

It is tradition for initiates to divide into two teams and play capture the flag with their instructors at the Navy Pier during initiation.

Visiting Day

On Visiting Day, initiates are reminded to not to seem too attached their families if they visit since the Dauntless take the phrase ‘faction before blood’ very seriously.

Initiation

Initiation Day is an exciting but chaotic experience with people everywhere, many of them drunk.

The higher the rank is the better jobs
Emma Hunter
Emma Hunter
Leader of Erudite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Hunter Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Amity ( The Peaceful )

The Factions 24511cz

Leader of Amity:

Formation
Amity is the faction that dislikes war. Amity was formed in order to have a peaceful society free from conflict and sadness caused by wars and instigation. Amity does not recognize a leader. They are a democratic faction, unanimously voting on almost everything. The bread that they eat even has a Peace Serum in it to prevent the faction members from fighting.

Traits
- Kind
- Friendly
- Peaceful  

Members dress comfortably in red and yellow clothing.

Conversations of Peace
Trust
A Son says to his Mother:

“Mother, today I fought with my friend.”
His Mother says: “Why did you fight with your friend?”
“Because he demanded something of me, and I would not give it to him.”
“Why did you not give it to him?”
“Because it was mine.”
“My son, you now have your possessions, but you do not have your friend. Which would you rather have?”
“My friend.”
“Then give freely, trusting that you will also be given what you need.”

Self-Sufficiency
A Daughter says to her Father:

“Father, today I fought with my friend.”
Her Father says: “Why did you fight with your friend?”
“Because she insulted me, and I was angry.”
“Why were you so angry?”
“Because she lied about me.” (In some versions: “Because I was hurt by her words.”)
“My daughter, did your friend’s words change who you are?”
“No.”
“Then do not be angry. The opinions of others cannot damage you.”

Forgiveness
A Husband says to his Wife:

“Wife, today I fought with my enemy.”
His Wife says: “Why did you fight with your enemy?”
“Because I hate him.”
“My husband, why do you hate him?”
“Because he wronged me.”
“The wrong is past. You must let it rest where it lies.”

Kindness
A Wife says to her Husband:

“Husband, today I fought with my enemy.”
Her Husband says: "Why did you fight with your enemy?”"
“Because I spoke cruel words to her.”
“My wife, why did you speak cruel words to her?”
“Because I believed them to be true.”
“Then you must no longer think cruel thoughts. Cruel thoughts lead to cruel words, and hurt you as much as they hurt their target.”

Involvement
(Used to be part of the Manifesto but later got taken out)

One Friend says to another:

“Friend, today I fought with my enemy.”
The Other Friend says: “Why did you fight with your enemy?”
“Because they were about to hurt you.”
“Friend, why did you defend me?”
“Because I love you.”
“Then I am grateful.”

Initiation Process
Like Erudite, very little knowledge of Amity's initiation process is revealed in the books. What is known, though, is that it involves fruit-picking and singing songs.
Emma Hunter
Emma Hunter
Leader of Erudite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Hunter Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:58 pm

Candor ( The Honest )

The Factions M9uhi0

Leader of Candor:

Formation
Candor was a faction formed by those who blamed duplicity and deception, who believed that dishonesty is the key fault in human nature which began evil and war. They believe in the principle that honesty and openness would lead to a more peaceful and perfect society.

Traits
- Honest
- Trustworthy
- Sound Leaders
- The ability to read body language
- Detecting Lies

Physical Traits and Appearances
Black and white clothes. Black suits with white ties for men

"Dishonesty is rampant, Dishonesty is temporary, Dishonesty makes evil possible."

As it stands now, lies pervade society, families, and even the internal life of the individual. One group lies to another group, parents lie to children, children lie to parents, individuals lie to themselves. Dishonesty has become so integral to the way we relate to one another that we rarely find ourselves in authentic relationships with others. Our dark secrets remain our own.

Yet it is our secrets that cause conflict. When we are dishonest with the people around us, we begin to hate ourselves for lying; when we are dishonest with ourselves, we can never attempt to correct the flaws we find within us, the flaws we are so desperate to hide from our loved ones, the flaws that make us lie.

What has become clear is that lies are just a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Lying to spare a person’s feelings, even when the truth would help them to improve, damages them in the long run. Lying to protect yourself lasts for so long before the truth emerges. Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged. These are examples we clearly see in our own lives, yet we fail to understand that they do not just apply to the dynamic between ourselves and our neighbors, or ourselves and our friends.

What is society but a web of individual-to-individual relationships? And what is conflict except one person’s dark secret crashing into another person’s dark secret? Dishonesty is a veil that shields one person from another. Dishonesty allows evil to persist, hidden from eyes of those who would fight it.

"Dishonesty leads to suspicion. Suspicion leads to conflict. Honesty leads to peace."

We have a vision of an honest world. In this world, parents do not lie to their children, and children do not lie to their parents; friends do not lie to one another; spouses do not lie to each other. When we are asked our opinions we are free to give them without having to consider any other responses. When we engage in conversation with others, we do not have to evaluate their intentions, because they are transparent. We have no suspicion, and no one suspects us.

And most of all — yes, above all else —we are free to expose our dark secrets because we know the dark secrets of our neighbors, our friends, our spouses, our children, our parents, and our enemies. We know that while we are flawed in a unique way, we are not unique because we are flawed. Therefore we can be authentic. We have no suspicions. And we are at peace with those around us.

"Truth makes us transparent. Truth makes us strong. Truth makes us inextricable."

We will raise our children to tell the truth. We will do this by encouraging them to speak their minds at every moment. For the child, withholding words is the same as lying. We will be honest with our children even at the expense of their feelings. The only reason people cannot bear honesty now is because they were not raised hearing the truth about themselves, and they can’t stand to. If children are raised to hear both honest praise and honest criticism, they will not be so fragile as to crumble beneath the scrutiny of their peers. A life of truth makes us strong. Adulthood will be defined as a time at which each member of society is capable of bearing every other member’s dark secrets, just as every other member will be subjected to The Full Unveiling in which every hidden part of their life is laid bare before their fellow members. They, too, will see the hidden parts of their fellow members’ lives. In this way we bear one another’s secrets. In this way we become inextricable. The truth makes us inextricable."

Initiation Process
To become a member of Candor, members must take lie detector tests all day, every day. During the final test initiates are given "truth serum" and must sit in front of everyone as they ask questions. They believe if you reveal all of your secrets, you'll have no desire to lie about anything, ever again because the worst is already in the open.
Emma Hunter
Emma Hunter
Leader of Erudite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum